Race for the Money
Where strange economies meet social games
Race for the Money is a Dollar Auction that is played out on a global scale. Some extra tweaks have been done to make for an even more fun experience. The rules are simple:
- A dollar is put up as a prize.
- Everyone who wants the prize commits to paying as much as they wish for it.
- The person who is willing to spend the most gets the dollar.
- The person who comes in second place gets nothing, losing what they spent.
- Everyone else generously receives a refund of their money.
Each time you put in a higher bid, you move down the field until someone ultimately takes the dollar. In the process of playing, you can chat with other players to try and influence their bidding. You'll even be able to look through your past games to find a winning strategy.
If you think you have what it takes to beat the system, play now to start building your bankroll. Be prepared, though, to see all kinds of hilarious behavior as you play! You'll laugh until you cry, or possibly cry until you laugh. Or just cry.
You may even learn something. The main aim of the game is to be fun, but being based on an economic paradox may just get you thinking about the ways of the world. We apologize for that. Feel free to turn off your brain instead and just play Race for the Money.